- First make sure the game and your PS4 are completely up-to-date (This is mandatory in order to make the drums work. The original game is configured for the Original Mad Catz, drum kit. The newer PDP Kit is recognized after the latest update)
- Go into the Device settings on your PS4 and disconnect all controllers and then restart your console.
- Now reconnect the Drum Kit to the console (make sure new batteries are used to ensure sufficient power on the controller)
- Make sure you're assigned into a profile with the controller and then start the game.
- Calibrate the controller on your game and then you will be ready to go.
(Note that the Auto Calibration is the most reliable calibration, this can be done using the Rock Band 4 guitar. If the auto calibration isn't working on your TV or if you don't own the Guitar, then you can use the manual calibration on the Drums as well)