Check the PS4™ system software version
To use the Snap Remote, the PS4™ system
software must be version 3.0 or later. You can
check the system software version by selecting
Settings -> System -> System Information.
Pairing the Snap Remote with a PS4™ system
This operation is performed only once, when you
are using the Snap Remote for the first time.
- Turn on the PS4™ system.
- Using a connected controller, select: Settings -> Devices -> Bluetooth Devices from the PS4™ system menu.
- Press the PS button once to active, the remote.
- Next, press and hold the SHARE button and the PS button simultaneously until the red LED begins to flash.
- Place the remote close to the PS4™ system and wait for “PDP Snap Remote” to appear in the device list.
- Using a connected controller, select “PDP Snap Remote” from the list, and press the “X" button. When prompted, select “Yes”.
- The red LED on the remote will illuminate for 3 seconds and then turn off, indicating successful pairing.
- If pairing is unsuccessful, repeat steps 3 through 6.