To do this, record and listen to a new voice message:
- Press the Xbox Guide button on the Xbox 360 Controller
- Select Messages, and then press the A
- Select Create New, and then press the A
- Select Message, and then press the A
- Select a gamertag, and then press the A
- Select Add Voice, and then press the A
- Put on your Xbox 360 Wired Headset.
- Select the record (circle icon) button, and then press the A button to start recording a message.
- Speak clearly into the microphone and record your voice for 5 to 15 seconds.
- Select the stop (square icon) button, and then press the A button to stop recording.
- Select the play (right arrow) button, and then press the A
- Listen to your recording.
- If you cannot hear the recorded message, your microphone may be muted, or the earpiece volume may set too low. Verify that the controls are adjusted correctly.
- If you can hear the recorded message, your headset is operating correctly. If your headset still does not function correctly when you use your headset on Xbox Live, you may have to configure Family Settings. Go the next section.
Configure your Family Settings if your unable to send or receive voice messages(get parential aprroval prior to following these steps)
- Note If you set up a profile for a child on the console, Family Settings lets the owner of the parent profile control who can communicate with the child profile on Xbox Live. In Family Settings, you can enable communication in the child's profile. The default setting for gamers who are under 17 is Friends Only.
To configure Family Settings, follow these steps:
- Sign in with the Xbox Live account that you are having problems with.
- Select Settings and then select Privacy.
- Select Change Settings.
- Select Customize.
- Under Activity, select Voice and Text, and then choose either Everyone or Friends Only.