Note this echo effect originates from the person who is talking and not necessarily from the person who hears the echo. For example, if you hear an echo only when someone else talks, the problem concerns the headset connection of the person who is talking, not your headset connection.
The following conditions may cause an echo or noise during game play:
- The microphone detects ambient noises. This includes voice transmission that comes from the earpiece.
- The headset plug is not fully inserted into the controller.
- You are using the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller, and the battery levels in the unit are low
If you or other players hear an echo or other noise during game play, try one of the following:
- Turn the volume down on your TV or stereo.
- Disconnect the headset from the controller, and then reconnect the headset to the controller.
- Clean the plug on the headset cable with a clean cloth, and then reconnect the headset to the controller.
- Test the headset by connecting the headset to a different controller if you can do this.
- If you are using an Xbox 360 Wireless Controller, replace the AA batteries or recharge the Xbox 360 rechargeable battery.