- first make sure the game and your Xbox One are completely up-to-date (This is mandatory in order to make the Guitar work. The original game is configured for the Original Mad Catz, drum kit. The newer PDP Kit is recognized after the latest update)
- Disconnect the Guitar from the console, turn the console OFF and Unplug the power cable for about 10 minutes. Now reconnect the power and turn the Xbox One back ON.
- Now reconnect the Drum Kit to the console (make sure new batteries are used to ensure sufficient power on the controller)
- Make sure you're assigned into a profile with the controller and then start the game.
- Calibrate the controller on your game and then you will be ready to go!
(Note that the Auto Calibration is the most reliable calibration. If the auto calibration isn't working on your TV, then you can use the manual calibration on the guitar as well)