Most problems that are caused with bluetooth peripherals, like with the PS4 Universal Media remote, can be solved by re-pairing a bluetooth device to the PS4 Console. It's important that the remote get's completely removed/unpaired from the PS4 Console, the previous connection has to be removed completely from the PS4.
IMPORTANT!: Disconnecting and reconnecting a remote does not re-pair the bluetooth device, the old connection has to be removed at all times!
Steps to re-pair the PS4 Media Remote:
- Go to Settings> Devices> Bluetooth Devices.
- Select your other remote from the list and choose “Disconnect” option.
- Using your PS4 controller, select your other remote from the devices list again.
- Press Options with your PS4 controller.
- Select “Forget Device”.
- Confirm your selection “OK”.
- Restart your console.
- Remove your new remote’s batteries and put them back again.
- Once your console is ON, start pairing your new remote by pressing PS and Share button for a few seconds until the LED starts blinking continuously.
- Find your remote on “Bluetooth devices” menu, select it and “Register”.