Product Overview & Manual
REALMZ™ WIRED CONTROLLER
Model/SKU No. : 500-221-SON; 500-221-KNU; 500-221-TAI; 500-221-TOP
Experience a new dimension of gaming with REALMz™ Nintendo Switch Wired Controller. Collect, play, and conquer with this officially licensed controller featuring a figurine living inside the grip, a unique multi-layered design, and all-day comfort and performance.
Officially licensed by Nintendo
Volume & Mic Controls-Volume control with D-Pad
For more information about chat support on Nintendo Switch visit https://www.pdp.com/switch-chat/
My controller isn't recognized.
When you connect the controller to your dock, it should be immediately be recognized by your Nintendo Switch and show up in the Controller Configuration Settings. If this is not the case, please check if the controller is getting power.
You can do this by pressing the function button next to the right analog stick. If you press and hold it for 3 seconds, the LED will now light up. If the LED doesn't light up, check if the cable is properly inserted into the controller and your dock.
Also, try connecting the cable to the other USB-port on your Switch-dock.
Sometimes, controllers need to be paired for first use with each console and paired again when you were using it on a different Switch.
How do I set up Audio?
- Plug the 3.5mm jack of your headset or headphones directly into the 3.5mm port on the controller.
Note: The Nintendo Switch only supports one audio output at a time. When connecting your headset/headphones to the controller, audio via HDMI-connected devices (i.e., TV, amp, etc.) will be disabled. Only the first device will have audio output when connecting more than one USB audio device.
- The Nintendo Switch will prompt you to reconnect the controller. Press L and R to connect, and the headset/headphones will play audio.
- If you do not hear audio after reconnecting your controller, the volume on your device may be low or at 0%. Hold down the “Home” button on the controller to turn up the volume.
Note: Under the System Settings, an audio setting called “Mute when Headphones are Disconnected” can be enabled. When activated, this option will shut off the system speakers when unplugging or disconnecting a headset until the volume buttons are pressed, or until this setting is manually turned off. To disable this setting manually, select System Settings > System > Mute when Headphones are Disconnected (turn to off).
How Do I Change LED Lighting Modes?
- The REALMz™ Wired Controller comes with four different lighting effects pre-programmed to the controller’s A, B, X, and Y buttons.
- To explore these effects and cycle through them, hold the “function” button and press either A, B, X, or Y.
Note: When the controller and system turn off, the lighting modes reset to the default mode (the mode for the A button).
How to adjust the LED Light Settings
- To adjust the LED brightness, hold the “function” button and press ZL to decrease brightness, or ZR to increase brightness.
WARNING: DO NOT DISASSEMBLE THE CONTROLLER!
Disassembling the controller to remove the figurine or other components will void the 2-year manufacturer’s warranty. The figurine is securely fixed inside the controller and is not designed for user removal.
My Controller is not getting power or turning on when connected to the Switch Dock:
First, lets make sure the Switch Dock is providing power through USB. Connect a USB charging cable such as a phone charger to the Switch Dock, and connect your phone.
If your phone begins to charge and is getting power, proceed to the next step.
If you are not receiving power from the Switch Dock, and your phone or USB-powered device is not getting power, the issue is with your Switch Dock.
If you did receive power in the previous step, press and hold the power button on the Switch until you see Power Options, then select Turn Off. After a few seconds, please turn on the Switch and, using the JoyCons, go into the main screen by pressing A three times.
Afterward, go into System Settings, scroll down until you see Controller and Sensors, and select Change Grip/Order. When prompted, please press L and R on your wireless/wired controller and see if it connects.
If you notice it is still not showing up, please follow the calibration steps below to isolate the issue:
1. Make sure your controller is unplugged from the Switch Dock.
2. Press and hold the down button from the D-Pad
3. Connect the cable to the Switch Dock
4. Let go of the down button from the D-Pad
5. Press A button once
6. Rotate both analog sticks 4 times (Clockwise)
7. Press the down button from the D-Pad
The previous calibration steps will also fix any issues with drifting or if your controller is moving on it's own.
Can I connect my controller to my PC or Laptop?
Yes. The REALMz wired controller is compatible with PC/Laptop.
Quick Start Guide