To insure your headsets audio is properly setup, please follow the following instructions.
- From the Playstation 4 home menu, press up on the d-pad or left joystick, scroll to the right hand side of the screen and select "settings".
- Scroll down the list of options and select "sound and screen",
- select "audio output settings",
- select "primary output port"
- select "digital out" highlight "Dolby Digital 5.1ch"and press X to check mark the selection.
- Press right on the left joystick or D-pad and press X on "OK" to confirm your selection.
*Once you have done so, you should be brought back to previous menu titled "Audio Output settings" at the top left screen.
- Scroll down to "Audio Format (Priority)" and press X.
- Scroll down and select "Bitstream (Dolby)".
*Once you have done so, you have successfully completed the headset setup. To verify if you are receiving Dolby 5.1 output, look at the base of the headsets stand. The LED light near the Dolby icon should be lit indicating you are receiving Dolby sound.
**To insure your chat settings are configured correctly,
- press and hold the Playstation home button until an onscreen menu appears.
- Once the menu appears, release the home button and press X to select "Adjust Devices".
- Make sure the option to the right of "Output to headphones" is set to "Chat audio". If the option is already set to "Chat audio" your chat settings are properly configured.
- If it is not set to "Chat Audio" scroll down with your left joystick and press X on "output to headphones", highlight "Chat Audio" with your left joystick and press X to confirm your setting.
- make sure your "Volume control (Headphones)" is set to max volume. Once you have done so, you have successfully setup your communication settings.