Product Overview & Manual
Model No.: 048-103 (Xbox One) - 051-077 (PS4)
Afterglow AG6 Stereo Headset (PS4/Xbox One)
The AG6 headset is is versatile model that's available for the PS4 and the Xbox One. This headset is a wired model and plugs right into the audio jack on your controller.
Experience your games the way you're supposed to through the powerful 50mm Neodymium drivers!
- Lightweight headset with soft fabric headband
- 50mm high-definition stereo drivers deliver clear rich detail and powerful bass audio
- Noise-cancelling mic with directional design delivers crystal clear chat
- Breathable leatherette cushions ensure a comfortable fit for extended game play
- Standard 3.5mm connector compatible with PCs, other consoles and mobile devices
How can I set-up my AG6 headset with my Xbox One console?
Setting up the AG6 headset with your Xbox One is really easy to do. All you will have to do is follow the steps as seen below:
- Check the base of your Xbox One wireless controller to ensure your controller has a 3.5mm AUX port for audio. If it does not, you will need to use a separate Xbox One headset adapter. (Afterglow Headset Adapter sold separately at pdp.com)
- Insert the headset’s 3.5mm audio plug into the AUX port located at the controller’s base.
- Check your audio settings to ensure your AG 6 headset is selected as the assigned
- Hit the “Menu” button on your Xbox One controller to open the console menu >
select “Settings.” You can now adjust the Headset Volume, Headset Chat Mixer, and
How can I set-up my AG6 headset with my PS4 console?
Setting up the AG6 headset with your PS4 is really easy to do. All you will have to do is follow the steps as seen below:
- Plug the headset’s 3.5mm aux jack into the aux port at the base of your PS4 Wireless controller.
2. Check your audio settings to ensure that your AG 6 headset is selected as the assigned audio device.
From the PS4 home menu, go to “Settings”> select “Devices”> set your “Volume Control” to a
desirable level> select “Output to Headphones”> select “All Audio”
Xbox One - The mic is not working on my AG6 headset, what can I do to get it working again?
First, make sure your controller has fresh batteries. The Xbox One console is set up so the mic audio will turn off if your batteries are low in order to conserve power within the controller.
If your headset is connected direct to the controller via 3.5mm give the following a try:
- Disconnect the headset from your controller
- Fully power down your Xbox
- Power on the Xbox
- Sign into your profile
- Connect the headset back to your controller.
- Verify the headset itself is not muted.
- On your Xbox one controller double tap the Xbox button
- Scroll to the settings icon.
- Make sure the setting Headset mic is set to on.
- Adjust the game and chat mixer settings.
PS4 - How do I adjust the game/chat mix in my headset?
In order to adjust your game and chat audio mix in your PS4 console, please follow the instructions below:
- Go into your settings menu
- Then Devices
- Audio devices
- For the input and output devices select the wired headset
- Go back to audio devices and select the "output to headphones" option
- Make sure that option is set to "All Audio"
- Go into your active game. You cannot adjust the correct settings from the settings menu.
- Hold down the PS button on your controller until the options menu appears.
- At the top of the options menu you should see an icon for the program you are running and a volume bar. Click that option
- You should see a menu that allows you to adjust the game volume as well as chat volume. Simply adjust the game/chat balance per your preference.
If you are in a party chat, the adjustment settings will be in the party chat menu.
Article is closed for comments.