Product Overview & Manual
Model No.: 048-032R
Afterglow AG7 Premium Wireless Headset
The AG7 is a premium wireless headset. With no wires to the controller or console, gamers can enjoy a hassle-free and fully wireless experience with the included USB transmitter. Containing powerful 50mm Neodymium drivers, the headset offers two distinct audio modes: Pure Audio and Bass Boost. The flexible microphone with noise and echo canceling technology allows for crystal clear communication for online play. Designed with comfort in mind, the split headband design reduce pressure and fatigue during long gaming sessions. Enjoy the signature green Afterglow lighting!
- True wireless headset compatible with the Xbox One, officially licensed by Microsoft
- Two full range audio modes with powerful 50mm Neodymium drivers
- Flexible and retractable noise-cancelling microphone
- Comfortable adjustable headband for a personalized fit
- Over the ear cups bring users into an immersed experience with amazing sound quality
I have lost the USB transmitter for my headset, where can I proceed to receive a new transmitter?
We have several of the parts for the AG9+ headset available on our website. These can replace your item whenever you lose your transmitter.
Please check the following page for the part:
Click Here: USB Transmitter AG7 for Xbox One
For AG7 headsets having trouble being recognized by XBOX One.
First, let’s verify that there are no cables connected to the headset and let’s make sure there are no cables or adapters connected to your Xbox one controller.
- Turn the headset off and disconnect the usb transmitter from your Xbox one.
- Turn your Xbox one completely off by pressing and holding the power button on the front of the console. (You can also disconnect the power once your Xbox completely shuts off)
- After a 10 to 15 second wait, power on your Xbox and log into your profile.
- Connect the usb transmitter to the usb port on the left side of your Xbox.
- On your screen you should get a message saying "headset assigned".
- With the transmitter connected to your console and the headset on. Does the light on the transmitter and mic blink or is it a solid color? If the light is blinking you will need to pair the headset to the transmitter.(instructions located in manual)
**If the lights are solid and you didn't get the message saying the headset has been assigned, go to your settings/device and accessories screen on your xbox one. Is the headset listed there? If not follow the steps bellow (marked by ****)
- On your headset there are 2 dials. The top dial is the overall volume. The bottom dial is like a chat/game mixer.
- Turn the top dial all the way up.
- Turn the bottom dial towards game.
- Load up a game; do you hear the game sound in the ear cups?
- Turn the bottom dial, toward chat
- Go into your messages; create a new message, record a voice message and play the message back to yourself. Do you hear your voice in the ear cups?
Let me know if this helped you!
****Give these steps a try if you did not get the headset assigned message:
- Turn off Xbox using the power button on the front of the console. Once the Xbox is off disconnect the power supply.
- Connect the usb transmitter to your PC. You will get a bubble pop on the bottom right hand corner of your screen informing you that a device is being installed.
***Click on that bubble and verify the device being installed says afterglow Anka/Ag7/Ag9 pc version. If it says something similar please continue with the steps below.
IMPORTANT!!! If it does not say PC Version, do not try the steps bellow
- Turn your headset on and allow the headset to pair to the transmitter.
- Take a paper clip, push it inside the tiny hole on the left hand side of the transmitter and press and hold the button down until the light on the transmitter turns off. once it turns off release the button. The light on the transmitter will turn back on.
- Turn off headset
- Reconnect the power cable to your Xbox and turn it on.
- Sign into your profile
- Connect the usb transmitter to your Xbox One.
Did you get the message saying the headset has been assigned to profile? If so turn your headset on and you are good to go.
How do I re-pair my dongle to my headset?
To re-pair the headset and the dongle you can follow these steps:
- Make sure the headset is turned off
- Connect the USB dongle to an active USB port of your console or PC.
- Use a small paperclip to press and hold the re-pair button on the right of the USB dongle until the LED starts flashing rapidly. The button is located in the small hole.
- While the LED is flashing on the USB dongle, press and hold the power button on the headset. Keep holding the button on until the LED on the transmitter AND the headset turn solid.
- Your headset is now repaired.
How do I setup my headset on my XBOX ONE?
Setup on an XBOX One is a simple process. Just plug your USB transmitter into any USB port on the console. Then, with no cables plugged into the headset, press and hold the power button on the left earcup of the headset until the lights on the headset and USB transmitter all glow solid green. An on screen notification will also pop up stating that the headset has been assigned to your profile.
My mic is very quiet, how can I increase the mic volume?
If your microphone seems a little quitter than it should be, unfortunately there is no setting within the XBOX One or on the headset that can increase your microphone volume.
Why do I hear an echo when I talk online?
There are several factors that can contribute to an echo in your AG9 headset.
- The echo may originate from the person who is talking and not necessarily from the person who hears the echo. For example, if you only hear the echo when talking to a specific person and not when talking to others, the problem concerns the headset connection of the person who is echoing, not your headset connection
- An echo may originate from a bad internet connection.
To make sure the issue is with the headset and not one of the factors above, test the headset on a different Xbox One console if you are able to do so.
Why can't I hear myself in the headset when I talk?
Voice monitoring is not an included feature on the AG7 headset. If you are having microphone issues please contact PDP customer support.
My audio is flipped. I can hear sounds from the right on the left side and vice versa. How do I fix this?
In order to fix flipped audio in your XBOX One headset there are two ways to possibly fix your issue
1. Unplug the transmitter from the XBOX One console, then reconnect the transmitter.
2. Fully power down your XBOX One and disconnect the power cable from the back. Then, reconnect and turn on your XBOX.
If neither of these options fix your issue, confirm that the headset itself is having the issue and NOT the game/console. Test your headset on another game or console (if available) to see if you can replicate the issue. If your headset operates properly, then the issue is not with the headset.
How do I turn on/off the earcup LEDs?
To turn the lights off in your AG headset, first make sure the lights on the headset are glowing solid green. Then just hold down the MODE button for about 5-10 seconds.
Does this headset work on an XBOX 360?
Unfortunately the AG7/AG9 headset does not work on the XBOX 360 as the XBOX 360 cannot output game audio solely through a USB port like the XBOX One can. If you need a headset that is XBOX 360 compatible, we recommend our line of Universal Headsets
Does this headset work on a PC/Mac?
Unfortunately, the AG7 is not designed nor supported for use with a PC or Mac.
How do I use the headset with a mobile device/cell phone?
Your headset comes with a gray 3.5mm line in cable. Simply connect one end of that cable to the Line in port on your headset and the other end to the headphone port on your mobile device. The AG7 does not connect to your mobile device wirelessly.