Product Overview & Manual
Model No.: 051-033-X (PS4) - 048-042-X (Xbox One)
Afterglow LVL5 Plus Stereo Headset
Select your LVL with Afterglow's newest line of headsets. Block out distractions with the LVL series noise-cancelling technology for clear audio, hear your games the way you're supposed to with well-balanced sound, and stay comfortable during long gaming sessions with the light-weight build of your LVL headset. Position the flexible and pivoting boom mic, plug in your headset to your controller, and settle down for endless hours of high-quality audio.
You've selected LVL 5. With a wired headset featuring Afterglow's signature lighting, adding a dynamic haptic driver that allows you to adjust the bass levels of your game, as well as easily-accessible volume and mic muting controls located on the ear cup--you'll be able to instantly chat with friends and other players. Feel your games in a whole new and exciting way.
- Connects directly to any controller with a 3.5mm stereo headset jack
- Convenient adjustable and flexible boom mic
- Easy-to-access volume and mute controls located on the ear cup
- Powerful 40mm Neodymium drivers and a dynamic haptic driver
- Adjustable headband & comfortable over the ear cups
- Afterglow's signature LED lighting
Xbox One/PS4 - Why is my Haptic Feedback not working?
The LVL5 headset does require two AAA batteries in order for the Quadboost/haptic feedback to activate.
Check to make sure your headset has two fresh AAA batteries and that the active mode switch on the back of the left earcup is flipped up.
Xbox One/PS4 - Why won't my headset light up?
The LVL5 headset will only light up if it has fresh AAA batteries and the active mode switch on the back of the left earcup is switched to ON (up). If active mode is not turned on you can still get audio and the mic to work in the headset.
PS4 - How do I adjust the game/chat mix in my headset?
In order to adjust your game and chat audio mix in the LVL3 and LVL5 headsets, please follow the instructions below.
- Go into your settings menu
- Then Devices
- Audio devices
- For the input and output devices select the wired headset
- Go back to audio devices and select the "output to headphones" option
- Make sure that option is set to "All Audio"
- Go into your active game. You cannot adjust the correct settings from the settings menu.
- Hold down the PS button on your controller until the options menu appears.
- At the top of the options menu you should see an icon for the program you are running and a volume bar. Click that option
- You should see a menu that allows you to adjust the game volume as well as chat volume. Simply adjust the game/chat balance per your preference.
If you are in a party chat, the adjustment settings will be in the party chat menu.
XBOX ONE - The mic is not working on my LVL5 headset, what can I do to get it working again?
First, make sure your controller has fresh batteries. The XBOX One console is set up so the mic audio will turn off if your batteries are low in order to conserve power within the controller.
If your headset is connected direct to the controller via 3.5mm give the following a try:
- Disconnect the headset from your controller
- Fully power down your XBOX
- Power on the Xbox
- Sign into your profile
- Connect the headset back to your controller.
- Verify the headset itself is not muted. (mute button can be located on the inline control for lvl 1 and 3 headset and on Lvl 5 headset the mute button is on the left ear cup)
- On your Xbox one controller double tap the Xbox button
- Scroll to the settings icon.
- Make sure the setting Headset mic is set to on.
- Adjust the game and chat mixer settings.
Is my Headset compatible with PC?
This headset was designed and marketed for exclusive use with the PS4/XB1. However, you can inform customers that they could try directly plugging in the LVL 5+ headset into the 3.5mm AUX port on the computer or Laptop. Most PC's have the audio for the Speakers and the Microphone split into two separate connections. If this is the case with their PC, then they can use an AUX splitter. Unfortunately, if this doesn't work, there's not much else we can recommend as this is not the headset's purpose or what it was designed or marketed for.