Product Overview & Manual
Model No.: 049-005-NA
Afterglow Wired Controller for Xbox One
Light up your competition with the Afterglow Wired Controller for Xbox! With our signature Prismatic lighting and four different settings you can change the mode to match your mood.
Simply adjust your game and chat audio using the audio controls located on the D-pad, so you never miss a moment. Communicate with your team using the built-in 3.5mm audio jack or mute your mic by double tapping the "Function" button. Get comfy on the couch with the included 10-foot detachable cable and share your captured images and videos easily with the dedicated share button. With the free PDP Control Hub App you can remap buttons, reconfigure triggers, adjust dead zones, and more to fit the way you play.
The Afterglow Wired Controller works on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows 10 and is an officially licensed product.
- Choose your glow with our signature Prismatic LEDs and four different light modes
- Use the free PDP Control Hub App to remap buttons, reconfigure triggers, adjust dead zones, and more
- Communicate with your teaming using the 3.5mm audio jack, and adjust volume on-the-fly with the audio controls located on the D-pad
- Share your captured images and videos easily with the new dedicated share button
- Officially licensed by Xbox
Does this controller work on a PC?
The PDP Xbox controllers can work on a Windows PC. If the controller does not work immediately upon connecting to a PC, then you may need to update the official Microsoft drivers in your PC through Windows Update. The controllers work plug 'n' play with Windows 8.1 and Windows 10, with the latest updates installed.
If you are using an older version of Windows, or if the controller still does not work after making sure Windows is fully up-to-date, you may need to install the drivers that you can download below.
(The drivers below are both for Windows 32, and 64 bit versions. You can install the 64 bit version of the driver on your 64 bit windows instance, and the same goes for the 32 bit version!)
How can I use the function button to control the chat audio settings on my controller?
The tab located to the bottom right of your right analog stick is referred to in your manual as the 'Function Button', the purpose of this button is to control your game and chat audio when using a gaming headset plugged into the 3.5mm plug on the bottom of your Afterglow Wired Xbox controller.
- To increase and decrease volume, hold the function button while pressing the D-Pad UP or DOWN.
- To adjust the game/chat audio balance, hold the function button while pressing the D-Pad LEFT or RIGHT.
- To mute and unmute your microphone, quickly press the function button twice. The program status LED will turn RED when muted.
How can I use the function button to change the LEDs on my controller?
Next changing the chat audio settings on your controller, the function button (the triangular button right next to the right analog stick) can be used to change the Afterglow lighting settings to your personal preference. Next to the color and brightness, 4 unique light modes can be selected.
- To change the color and brightness, press and hold the function button. While you hold down the button, you can use the left analog stick to control the color and the left trigger (LT) to change the brightness. After you've set up the controller to your taste, release the function button before letting go of the analog stick or trigger. The settings are now saved.
- To cycle through the light modes, press and hold the function button. You can use the left and right bumpers (LB and RB) to cycle through the light modes. After you have selected your favorite mode, you can release the function button. There are 4 available light modes:
- On: LEDs are on and set to your color
- Breating: LEDs will slowly fade in and out to the set color
- Cycle: LEDs will cycle through a variety of colors
- Stick: LEDs will react to the movement of the analog sticks
My thumbsticks seem to be drifting/moving without me touching them. How can I fix this?
If you find that the Prismatic Xboxcontroller's thumbsticks are showing movement without being touched, your controller may need to be recalibrated. Please follow the provided instructions below to re-calibrate your controller.
- Power the XBOX console on.
- Plug the smaller end of the controllers USB-B micro cable into the top of the controller.
- Hold down on the directional pad (D-Pad) and plug the larger side of the USB cable into the Xbox console while still holding down.
- The controllers red LED lights will illuminate and the controller will begin to vibrate. You may then release the down input on the directional pad (D-Pad)
- Press A on the controller.
- The controller will then stop vibrating and the LED lights will power off.
- Fully rotate both joysticks in a complete clockwise motion and pull each trigger fully (LT and RT)
- Press down on the directional pad (D-Pad)
Additionally, you can check the settings using the PDP Control Hub App, which you can download from the Xbox/Microsoft Store for free.
This will ensure that the latest version of the firmware will be installed on the controller and you will also get the option to run diagnostics.