Product Overview & Manual
Model No.: 048-041(Xbox One) - 051-032 (PS4)
Afterglow LVL 3 Wired Stereo Headset
Select your LVL with Afterglow's newest line of headsets. Block out distractions with the LVL series noise-cancelling technology for clear audio, hear your games the way you're supposed to with well-balanced sound, and stay comfortable during long gaming sessions with the light-weight build of your LVL headset. Position the flexible and pivoting boom mic, plug in your headset to your controller, and settle down for endless hours of high-quality audio.
You've selected LVL 3. With a wired headset that plugs directly into any controller with a 3.5mm stereo headset jack for easy set-up, you'll be able to instantly chat with friends and other players. Powerful 40mm Neodymium drivers for game/chat audio and easily accessible in-line microphone muting/volume controls elevate the LVL 3 headset, making it perfect for all types of gamers.
- Connects directly to any controller with 3.5mm stereo headset jack
- Convenient adjustable and flexible boom mic
- Easy-to-access in-line chat volume/mute controls
- Powerful 40mm Neodymium drivers
- Adjustable headband & comfortable over the ear cups
Xbox One/PS4 - Why doesn't my headset light up?
The LVL1/LVL3 headset is receives its power directly from whatever it is connected to. In an effort to conserve the amount of power taken from your device when in use, the headset was made without LED lighting.
PS4 - How do I adjust the game/chat mix in my headset?
In order to adjust your game and chat audio mix in the LVL3 and LVL5 headsets, please follow the instructions below.
- Go into your settings menu
- Then Devices
- Audio devices
- For the input and output devices select the wired headset
- Go back to audio devices and select the "output to headphones" option
- Make sure that option is set to "All Audio"
- Go into your active game. You cannot adjust the correct settings from the settings menu.
- Hold down the PS button on your controller until the options menu appears.
- At the top of the options menu you should see an icon for the program you are running and a volume bar. Click that option
- You should see a menu that allows you to adjust the game volume as well as chat volume. Simply adjust the game/chat balance per your preference.
If you are in a party chat, the adjustment settings will be in the party chat menu.
Xbox One - The mic is not working on my LVL3 headset, what can I do to get it working again?
First, make sure your controller has fresh batteries. The XBOX One console is set up so the mic audio will turn off if your batteries are low in order to conserve power within the controller.
If your headset is connected direct to the controller via 3.5mm give the following a try:
- Disconnect the headset from your controller
- Fully power down your XBOX
- Power on the Xbox
- Sign into your profile
- Connect the headset back to your controller.
- Verify the headset itself is not muted. (mute button can be located on the inline control for lvl 1 and 3 headset and on Lvl 5 headset the mute button is on the left ear cup)
- On your Xbox one controller double tap the Xbox button
- Scroll to the settings icon.
- Make sure the setting Headset mic is set to on.
- Adjust the game and chat mixer settings.
Is my Headset compatible with PC?
This headset was designed and marketed for exclusive use with the PS4/XB1. However, you can inform customers that they could try directly plugging in the LVL 3+ headset into the 3.5mm AUX port on the computer or Laptop. Most PC's have the audio for the Speakers and the Microphone split into two separate connections. If this is the case with their PC, then they can use an AUX splitter. Unfortunately, if this doesn't work, there's not much else we can recommend as this is not the headset's purpose or what it was designed or marketed for.
Article is closed for comments.