First, let’s verify that there are no cables connected to the headset and let’s make sure there are no cables or adapters connected to your Xbox one controller.
- Turn the headset off and disconnect the usb transmitter from your Xbox one.
- Turn your Xbox one completely off by pressing and holding the power button on the front of the console. (You can also disconnect the power once your Xbox completely shuts off)
- After a 10 to 15 second wait, power on your Xbox and log into your profile.
- Connect the usb transmitter to the usb port on the left side of your Xbox.
- On your screen you should get a message saying "headset assigned".
- With the transmitter connected to your console and the headset on. Does the light on the transmitter and mic blink or is it a solid color? If the light is blinking you will need to pair the headset to the transmitter.(instructions located in manual)
**If the lights are solid and you didn't get the message saying the headset has been assigned, go to your settings/device and accessories screen on your xbox one. Is the headset listed there? If not follow the steps bellow (marked by ****)
- On your headset there are 2 dials. The top dial is the overall volume. The bottom dial is like a chat/game mixer.
- Turn the top dial all the way up.
- Turn the bottom dial towards game.
- Load up a game; do you hear the game sound in the ear cups?
- Turn the bottom dial, toward chat
- Go into your messages; create a new message, record a voice message and play the message back to yourself. Do you hear your voice in the ear cups?
Let me know if this helped you!
****Give these steps a try if you did not get the headset assigned message:
- Turn off Xbox using the power button on the front of the console. Once the Xbox is off disconnect the power supply.
- Connect the usb transmitter to your PC. You will get a bubble pop on the bottom right hand corner of your screen informing you that a device is being installed.
***Click on that bubble and verify the device being installed says afterglow Anka/Ag7/Ag9 pc version. If it says something similar please continue with the steps below.
IMPORTANT!!! If it does not say PC Version, do not try the steps bellow
- Turn your headset on and allow the headset to pair to the transmitter.
- Take a paper clip, push it inside the tiny hole on the left hand side of the transmitter and press and hold the button down until the light on the transmitter turns off. once it turns off release the button. The light on the transmitter will turn back on.
- Turn off headset
- Reconnect the power cable to your Xbox and turn it on.
- Sign into your profile
- Connect the usb transmitter to your Xbox One.
Did you get the message saying the headset has been assigned to profile? If so turn your headset on and you are good to go.